Work to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment — work at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa! We're an organization with a solid history, a growing future, and exciting opportunities. See how much you can grow when you do something you believe in.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa currently is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Girl Services Manager - Troops - multiple locations available
- Administrative Specialist - Sioux City
- Summer Camp - Seasonal Positions
JOB STATUS: Exempt (12 months)
LOCATION: Positions available in Des Moines and Mason City
PURPOSE OF JOB: Girl Services Manager supports the Service Unit manager, volunteers, and girls within an assigned area; identifying the needs of girls and promoting the mission of Girl Scouts. This position networks throughout the communities identifying underserved populations; recruiting and retaining membership while promoting leadership, and promoting products and services offered throughout Girl Scouts.
- Provides customer service and support for council volunteers
- Works closely with the membership team implementing outcome-based strategies
- Promotes Girl Scouts Journey and The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting material; and other products and services
- Some nights and weekends required seasonally
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required. Volunteer Relations and Management as well as Sales/Relationship Development experience required.
JOB STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly
LOCATION: Sioux City
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Administrative Specialist supports the council as the front line contact within their specific leadership center(s). This support includes serving both internal and external customers; providing data base, word processing, spreadsheet and general clerical tasks in the specialist’s assigned area(s) (Membership, Programs, Camp, Volunteer Intake, Product Program).
In addition this position provides back up support as needed in the retail shop; this includes ordering and maintaining shop inventory while promoting shop sales. This position is responsible for incoming and outgoing calls, processing council mail, and data entry of camp, membership, and/or council program event registrations.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, performing professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day office operations. This includes copying, scanning, faxing, scheduling meetings, running of membership reports; and overall support on special projects as needed.
- Answering/screenings incoming and outgoing calls.
- Data entry of camp, membership, cookie cupboard; volunteer applications (VIP) and/or program registration.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing mail via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- Oversees camp site reservations.
- In conjunction with the Retail/Administrative Director, support stock and inventory control on an annual, seasonal and on specials occasion basis.
- In conjunction with the Retail/Administrative Director, daily reconcile shop sales and cash receipt records.
- Maintains equipment requested by volunteers; maintaining list for tracking.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor and/or leadership center Regional Director(s) and leadership staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: AA degree in office administration and/or equivalent work experience. Two years related experience. Please download, fill out our employment application. Send the application, your cover letter, and resume to Human Resources.