Governor's Luncheon for Scouting
The Governor’s Luncheon for Scouting was February 25, 2014. This event kicked off the annual fundraising campaigns for Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa and Mid-Iowa Council Boy Scouts of America. Guests heard from Iowa’s Governor Terry Branstad about the positive effects the Scouting Movement is having in our communities.
We shared the impact of Scouting’s values-laden programs and extend an opportunity for each of our guests to pledge their financial support to these premier youth leadership development organizations.
Are you interested in donating to show your support?
THE IMPACT OF SCOUTING IN IOWA
- More than 40,000 youth and adults in the state are touched by Scouting each year.
- Serve communities in 67 Iowa counties, one county in Nebraska, and one in South Dakota
- More than 10,000 adult volunteer leaders reach out to children to shape them into better leaders for tomorrow.
- Maintain more than 1,700 acres of wilderness preserve in six camps are maintained by the groups.
- Through scouting, boys and girls develop leadership and character.
- Both organizations believe in the power of working together for today’s youth and tomorrow’s leaders!
2013 GOVERNOR'S LUNCHEON REPORT CARD
- Raise a combined total of $250,000.
- FIll at least 70 tables.
- Grow the community support for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts.