Why Give to Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa?
For 100 years, Girl Scouts has done more than any other organization to provide leadership opportunities specifically for girls. Our alumnae are living proof of the positive impact of Girl Scouting in the world.
To continue providing opportunities to all girls – regardless of financial barriers – we need your support. Every dollar you give to Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa stays in our community to support and keep essential programs operating and growing, enabling staff and volunteers to serve girls throughout our jurisdiction.
When you give to Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa you:
- Ensure every girl who wants to be a Girl Scout is a Girl Scout
- Help us continue our quality, girl-focused leadership opportunities
- Support the development of new program activities, including leadership development, and science exploration
- Help cover camp, uniform, and activity fees for girls unable to afford them
- Enable us to maintain and operate our camps and Leadership Centers
- Fund volunteer training
Did you know that because of the leadership experience girls receive in Girl Scouting:
- Girl Scouts are more likely to stay in school.
- Girl Scouts are less likely to go before a court of law.
- Girl Scouts are more likely to reject peer pressure.
2012 marked 100 years of Girl Scouting
America's most accomplished women in public service, business, science, education, the arts and community life are Girl Scout alumnae.
Our goal is to support every girl with the opportunity to be the leader she wants to be, and the leader the world needs her to be. Join us in making a promise to girls that every girl in this generation will reach her fullest potential, wherever she lives, whatever challenges face her and however great the journey to what she can become.